Engaging decodable stories fully aligned to Letters and Sounds enable children to practise their phonics skills with their favourite characters.
Written by Roderick Hunt MBE and illustrated by Alex Brychta, award-winning creators of the Oxford Reading Tree.
Books contain inside cover notes to support children in their reading.
These six engaging stories at Level 5 provide focused practice of phonics at Letters and Sounds Phase 5, and include:
- The Gale: There is a big gale. The family make their tent safe.
- Please Do Not Sneeze: Anneena tells a story about a princess with a loud, funny sneeze.
- The Missing Crystal: Biff dreams that she and Wilma are in Egypt. Who has taken the missing crystal?
- Rowing Boats: Chip, Wilf, Craig and Floppy go out in rowing boats. Will they get soaked?
- Mr Scroop’s School: The children find out what life was really like in Victorian times.
- The Haunted House: There are funny sounds coming from the old house. Is it haunted?
About Floppy’s Phonics Fiction
With systematic phonics and Oxford Reading Tree’s best-loved characters at their heart, your children can put their phonics skills into practice at every stage with these engaging decodable readers – and they’re perfect for the National Curriculum too!
- Fiction titles to engage and motivate every reader
- Featuring much-loved characters Biff, Chip, Kipper and of course Floppy
- Inside cover notes help parents support their child with phonics at home