About Oxford Owl for Home
Oxford Owl is an award-winning website from Oxford University Press, created to support children’s learning both at home and at school.
As parents and carers, we all want the very best for our children, but finding the right advice and resources can be challenging. What’s more, the things children are expected to learn and the way they are taught them have probably changed a lot since you were at school, which can make navigating the education system tricky.
That’s why we created Oxford Owl for Home. Written specially for parents and carers by leading experts in education, it’s here to help you be as well-informed as you can be, making sure you have everything you need to support your child on their journey through school. From learning to read, to tackling tricky maths, from the very first day at school, to the big move up to secondary, Oxford Owl provides all the important information you need, when you need it.
Video: What is Oxford Owl for Home?
A short overview of Oxford Owl for Home.
Support for parents
- Reading: Advice, ideas and resources to support your child’s reading and comprehension throughout primary school.
- Learn to read with phonics: Everything you need to know about phonics – including how to pronounce the sounds!
- Reading schemes and Oxford Levels: A handy guide to your child’s reading progress and what the different colours, bands and levels mean.
- English: Practical help with grammar, spelling, handwriting and creative writing.
- Maths: Get to know all the key topics covered in each year at primary school, with lots of practice activities.
- At school: Your year-by-year guide to what’s in the primary curriculum, including the tests your child will take.
- Blog: Practical tips and everyday learning ideas for busy parents.
- Free eBook library: Over 100 free eBooks for children aged 3–11, including Biff, Chip and Kipper, Read Write Inc. and Winnie the Witch.
- Storyteller videos: Exciting stories to capture your child’s imagination, told by our professional storytellers.
- Maths games and activities: Fun ways to develop maths skills from age 3.
- Creative writing: Unleash your child’s creativity with ideas, activities and author tips.
- Colouring in: Printable colouring sheets featuring favourite characters, including Biff, Chip and Kipper, and Isadora Moon.
Early readers, activity books, dictionaries and children’s fiction from Oxford University Press.
- Oxford Owl Bookfinder: Find the perfect book for your child.
- Read with Oxford: Help your child learn to read in easy-to-follow Stages.
- Progress with Oxford: Boost your child’s essential English and maths skills with fun activity books, complete with collectable stickers.
- Bond SATs Skills: All you need to help your child prepare for the Key Stage 2 SATs.
- Oxford Children’s Dictionaries: Vocabulary-boosting dictionaries for every age group.
- Picture books: Start their love of books early with beautiful stories for under 5s.
- Oxford Children’s Fiction: Exciting fiction from brilliant authors to make reading irresistible.
Oxford Owl on YouTube
Discover ‘how to’ videos for grammar and maths, phonics help and more on our YouTube channel.
Oxford Owl on Facebook
Follow our Facebook page for daily tips to help make learning fun, alongside free activities and exciting competitions.