A heart-warming story about the enduring power of friendship.
Lenny the rabbit is resting beside a pond when he spots a little fish all by herself. They play together, but will they be able to stay friends when rabbits live on land, and fish live in water? With fun to read aloud rhyming text and lovely illustrations from Paula Metcalf, this is a celebration of the enduring power of special friendships.
Talking about the book
Sharing this book is a great opportunity to talk about friendship. Here are some questions you could ask:
- What does it mean to be a good friend?
- Why do you think friends are important?
- Has a friend ever upset you? Why did they upset you?
- Would you rather have 100 okay friends or 5 really good friends?
- Why is it important to be friends with people who live in different places or look different to us?