An epic fantasy world for emerging readers
When Leo opens his assignment envelope on his ninth birthday two words stare back at him: TOP SECRET. But before he has time to ask any questions, he’s whisked away beyond the village wall to meet his new boss, the Guardian. As the Guardian’s apprentice, he must protect his village from the monsters that lurk in the surrounding forest. Armed with a slingshot of magical stones and a strange map, Leo is given his first mission-to do battle with an angry Armoured Goretusk.
From author Kris Humphrey and illustrator Pete Williamson.
- A series on an epic scale, Leo’s Map of Monsters will lead to a new fantasy adventure in every book where he learns that not all monsters are evil.
- A fantastic array of amazing beasts; this exciting fantasy adventure series is perfect for Beast Quest, Pokemon and Star Wars fans, and it contains a gentle ecological message – can Leo find the balance between the world of monsters and humans?
- Stunning black and white illustrations throughout, including a double page map and illustrated endpapers that feature fact files on the monsters.
- Perfect for emerging readers. A great balance of easy-to-read text and detailed illustrations come together in a stand-out package.
- First person narration takes young readers right into the heart of the story.