Develop early reading and writing skills and ready for primary school.
Nelson English provides an integrated approach to teaching the core literacy skills. Nelson English Starter Level caters specifically for Early Years with engaging activities for young learners covering phonics and spelling, comprehension, early grammar and punctuation skills and writing – with speaking and listening practice embedded throughout.
Make learning fun and accessible for young learners with these colourful write-in workbooks. Encourage children to work independently, in pairs or as a class with a range of activities, which support early skills from letter formation, to phonics, to reading.
Use together with Workbook B and Workbook C to provide at least three full terms of work, which progressively develop children’s knowledge and confidence. By the end of Workbook C children will have covered the major sounds in English and will be well-equipped to make a smooth transition to Nelson English Level 1.
- Make learning fun and accessible for young learners with colourful write-in workbooks
- Progressively build children’s phonics knowledge and introduce a rich range of topic vocabulary
- Develop early reading skills with short fiction and non-fiction texts linked to a range of topics
- Support children with early letter formation using letter patterns, tracing and writing activities
- Use together with Workbook B and Workbook C to provide at least three full terms of work