Over 45,000 synonyms, with age-appropriate examples and opposites, make this an ideal thesaurus to help children aged 8+ with homework.
It features Overused Word panels that suggest alternatives to words like ‘nice’ and ‘good’. Word Webs are ideal for project work – providing related words – for example ‘bird’ includes types of birds, parts of a bird’s body, sounds made by birds and the words for groups of birds along with some illustrations of birds. Writing Tips offer advice and even more vocabulary for writing – for example, how birds move – do they circle, flutter or perch? – or how to describe their feathers.
Compiled using the Oxford Children’s Corpus, the Oxford Children’s Thesaurus delivers support and help where it is needed to help children develop their vocabulary and understanding, with age-appropriate definitions carefully levelled for different reading stages.
- New edition with over 45,000 up-to-date entries, synonyms, opposites and age-appropriate example sentences
- New Creative Writing supplement giving idioms, similes, metaphors, plot ideas and more
- Supports writing in a range of genres
- Compiled using the Oxford Children’s Corpus – a huge database of writing for and by children – to give all the words children need
- Includes key features panels – Overused Words, Writing Tips and Word Webs to encourage children to explore a wide range of related vocabulary
- Ideal thesaurus for homework help for all school subjects