This is an easy-to-use illustrated dictionary that includes over 1000 words and meanings to help young learners understand key maths terms and concepts from the National Curriculum at school and at home.
Words are explained in a simple and clear way, with examples and diagrams, graphs, illustrations and photographs to help children understand concepts. Examples are clearly set out in panels to easily show the meanings. Related words are listed in helpful ‘Word build’ panels to develop vocabulary in key areas.
This book supports parents and teachers, as well as children, with the terminology and vocabulary children encounter at school. It builds mathematical understanding and vocabulary using cross references, and the thematic supplement on key topics gives more in-depth understanding.
This dictionary is part of the new primary illustrated reference series, the perfect set of cross-curricular vocabulary builders that can also be used to support transition and lower secondary.
- 1000 up-to-date maths words, meanings and technical terms clearly explained
- Covers vocabulary and topics from the national curriculum
- With panels and an illustrated supplement for extended subject knowledge
- Ideal for use alongside the Oxford Primary Illustrated Science Dictionary
- Colourful and easy to use with simple illustrations and photographs