Looking for fun things to do with the kids this half-term? We’ve created a list of easy crafts, Halloween games, outdoor activities for kids, and some magical new reads for inspiration.
1. Alternative trick or treating with Isadora Moon
If you’re isolating this Halloween or staying in to keep yourself and others safe this year, you can still give trick or treating a go with our Isadora Moon treasure hunt around the house or garden. For every vampire item you find you get a trick and for every fairy item you get a treat! Reward yourselves with a hot chocolate Isadora-style afterwards!
More Isadora Moon activities:
- Dress up as Isadora Moon and friends
- Cut out and play: Dress up Isadora and Pink Rabbit
- Create your own Isadora Moon show!
- Isadora Moon colouring in sheets
2. Cook doughsticks outside
3. Use your imaginations to make marvellous things with sticks!
Here are 20 things to do with sticks … can you think of more?
4. Get crafty
The half term is a great opportunity to practice craft skills, and we’ve got plenty of activities to keep you busy. Create your own no-sew Halloween outfit this year with our Kitty superhero mask,and Isadora Moon wings.
5. Brew up magic potions
Spark imaginations and fire up creative writing skills with our potions class for mischievous children. Brew up inventive words with Roald Dahl and design your own potion bottle and cauldron with Mirabelle.
More spell-binding activities:
- Use these disgusting ingredients to create a potion with Winnie
- Create a silly spell with Wilbur
- Use this activity sheet to make up your own vile villain or wicked witch
6. Build a bug hotel
Make a bug hotel with these easy instructions from the RSPB.
7. Have fun learning outdoors
Explore our fun outdoor learning ideas from Isabel Thomas and enjoy some time outside.
8. Go on a magical reading adventure
Looking to escape to a magical world this half term? Try Victoria Stitch, the wickedly gripping tale of sibling rivalry and betrayal from bestselling author Harriet Muncaster. If you feel inspired to create your own story afterwards, our Victoria Stitch activity pack is a good place to start.
The Demon Headmaster is another story that’s sure to have children hypnotized over the half term. Now a series on CBBC, it’s a fast paced action-adventure by award-winning Gillian Cross. Once you’ve read the story, download our free reading notes to explore its themes and spark your own story ideas.
For more half-term reading inspiration, check out our magical Halloween-inspired reading list.