Welcome to another brilliantly quirky adventure story from creative powerhouse Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre.
Bumbleford has been hit by a series of biscuit thefts. All the clues lead straight to the only roly-poly flying pony in town, and Max’s best friend, KEVIN! Max and Kevin are forced to go on the run. Will they find the real culprit before Kevin ends up in pony prison?
Share your first responses to this book, before talking about key feelings and questions.
Open questions to get you started:
- What did you like best in this book?
- What do you remember most?
- What didn’t you like?
Then talk about the story in more detail:
- Was this book what you expected?
- Did you read it straight through, or did it take a while?
- What age person do you think would like this book best? Why?
- What did you think of the characters? – the people and the robots! Who is your favourite? Why?
- Astra’s request for ‘the Ultimate Cake’ has scary results! What lesson do we learn from this?!
- What did you think of the way everything turned out? Had you worked out what might happen? How?